Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Home

Just got home and before I fall in to a RX induced sleep I thought I'd share the first part of my day ;
Needling , like last time was not a great experience. Although this time I was in a comfy chair it was still a not so great experience. While compressed the mammography doc was " placing the needle" * I started to get a weird tingling feeling in my left shoulder, then I started to get queasy and light headed, so I said something. The mammography tech said " she's gonna pass out" so they raised the compression the doc left and a Wonderful RN ( Shelly) came in. they laid me down and kept cold compresses on me. When I got some color back they raised me up and started the procedure over . At about 9:00 AM I was reunited with my wonderful Bill, and off to surgery we went. Where I slept like a baby.
I woke up in recovery so I assume all went well. :)
The Surgeon said it was Harder to get at then she anticipated. She went from the top ( by top I mean if I were looking down, she went from the "top. ) She also had to go deeper and take a bit more then first thought. But was still confident. However we still do have to wait to see what pathology has to say, which is common procedure.
I am quite medicated , tired and sore. But I am also over this hurdle.
The medical staff that took care of me in Marshfield were/ are awesome
Thank you and God Bless them all.
Shelly you are awesome at calming and soothing me taking my mind off of what was going on.
Scott, you are a wonderful nurse you did a excellent job of explaining things and doing your job!
Lah
{ just a note** Needling / placing the needle is where you are compressed in the  mammography  machine. They then place a LONG needle about the thickness of 2-3 hairs in the area that surgery is going to remove, they then take pictures of that to make sure they have the right area. then off to
surgery} 

No comments:

Post a Comment